Monday, December 11, 2017

December Daily | Day 9 Gingerbread Houses


This weekend we went to one of our favorite local art museums, Laguna Gloria.  They host great monthly kids crafting events.  We usually go in the summer but I signed us for Gingerbread Houses this month.  

We had bought a kit from Target and tried to make a little village at home but it was a total failure.  So glad they got a second chance.  

We took a nice little hike around the grounds after building our houses.  I kept the spread pretty simple with 2 4x6 photos and 2 3x4s.  

I used an old Crate Paper wood veneer number for the date card. I used a rubber charm and a chipboard heart for embellishments. 


I love this light blue DEC card from the Kelly Purkey kit.  I used some stylized handwriting on it to make a title card of sorts. 

My journaling is just totally simple and scribbled on tags behind the date number card. 

I wrote about how I spend a lot of time planning activities for our family, especially in December.  Shockingly, my daughter said that she loved the holidays because we always do fun things together every day.  It is nice that she notices the things I do sometimes. 

I also wanted to show you how I incorporated my journaling from yesterday.  I copy and pasted what I wrote in my blog post and then sized it to fit in this Kelly Purkey TN paper.  The size worked out to be 4x5. Perfect for printing. I decided to add something to the edges and a gold airmail washi seemed to fit perfectly.



Thanks for checking out my pages again!

I hope you are getting your fill of family fun too! 

XOXO,
Niru

ps. You can see all of my December Daily posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...