Tuesday, January 31, 2017

14 Cards from one Kit | Valentines Day Card Making Inspiration for Cocoa Daisy Kits




I sometimes get on a card making tear.  I had run out of birthday cards, so I started making some of those with old kits.  Then I started working with whatever scraps I had leftover from my January Buttercup kit.  Even though I had made 6 projects already it turned out I had a lot! 

I paired the kit with some leftover die cut "love"s from a Girl Scouts project I put together recently.  I ended up making over a dozen cards and decided to push through for the full 14!  Just in time for Valentine's Day! 

The kit included a sheet of gold marbled vellum.  I always love having the extra layer for cards.  I think it really helps add dimension.  I used most of the vellum on my projects but I had enough scraps leftover to layer with on the cards.


This DITL card made putting a card together very easy. I stitched a batch of cards at one time, including this one.
I used the "as you wish" stamp to add a little background to this DITL card. 

This is one of my favorite cards of the bunch.  It says PS. I love you when you open it, but I forgot to snap a photo.  The XO die cut is punched from a shipping tag that came with the kit.  I popped up the circles with pop dots to add more dimension.  I love simple cards. 

I cut down a 3x4 card for the sentiment.  See how I sprinkled little bits of the gold marble everywhere?  Here it is just a strip.  The floral die cut helps finish it off. 

More circles! 

Loved the moon themed embellishments this month.  I played it up on this card with a dark patterned paper, and a circular punched sentiment.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...