Monday, November 30, 2015

December Daily Memories + Getting Started


I am gearing up to do another year of December Daily and I'm so excited about this project.

I have been doing this album every December since 2012.  The project felt very daunting to me before I tried it but now I'm hooked.

This year I signed up for Ali Edward's December Storytelling class.  I spent a good portion of my walks this months listening to her album overview videos.   So many things about this project are timeless and classic.  I still love all the full page photos and daily templates.

I really loved the walk down memory lane too.  I decided to pull out my old albums and take a look.  Here are some of the covers of year's past.


My December 2012 album.  I used chipboard and a little stamping and embossing for the cover.  I still love that red seam binding. 



A couple of my favorite pages from that year.  Grids and full page photos. 



Merry and bright, December 2013.  I layered die cuts and painted over them with white paint and gesso.  I also have a free cut file for this word art on my blog.  

I got the album out while putting out decorations and loved the way it feels.  I almost feels like a really intricate wood veneer.  I love it.  



The pages themselves feels very fun.  I was very pregnant and there are lots of great memories here. Lots of Christmasy colors and kraft die cuts.  I think it was my first year using a kit. 


December Daily, 2014.  I kept this album really simple.  Number stickers and a felt gift tag.   



I really liked this album, we have so many December traditions now, like going to the tree farm and the Capital Tree Lighting.  On these pages, I used a lot of white space, divided pages and open pockets with embellishments.  I do kind wish I had used more full page photos and want to do that this year.






For this year's cover I decided to try the layered die cut technique again.  I cut this phrase twice in green, light green, light blue and silver glitter paper.  I glued the words together and attached them to the cover.  I cut layer of red as well when I was making this but decided not to use it.

I made some matching word art to go along with the cover as well.  Loving this silver right now! 




We already sat down and started making our calendar of activities for December.  Bring on the magic!!






2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love everything that you shared in this post!!!! You're stuff looks so wonderful and I am a little jealous. Haha. I can't wait to see more as the month progresses.

    Love, Jenn
    www.thediaryofadreamer91.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...