Monday, December 15, 2014

Oh What Fun! December Daily Days 12 & 13


I was looking through my pictures from the past two days and realized there were lots of little stories I wanted to tell. I decided to combine my Friday and  Saturday pages and tell the stories together. 

I made three 4x6 photo collages of 2x2 photos ( 6 photos each 4x6) and cut them out after printing.  I didn't feel like stitching up a page protector into pockets.  I still wanted the divided page look, so instead of pasting the photos on a piece of cardstock I went with something transparent.  I used a 6x8 transparency, you could also use a sheet of vellum, or even a leftover piece of page protector cut apart.  


I love finding little things to fill in the holes.  Here I added a Freckled Fawn little white gift, just under 2" square and an SC gold star paper clip. 

 I added a couple pieces of old Crate Paper chipboard.  They have had some lovely holiday collections over the years.

I trimmed a little red tag for one square and stapled it in place.

On the opposite side I had to find things that wouldn't overlap the existing embellishments. I wanted to use the SC Waldorf add-on here from last month.  It is very wintery but mostly pink so I thought it would be fun to play with.  I added in this pink Rifle & co. sticker because it matched the color scheme.

Nandini's tutu matched it perfectly as well.  These pink cork stars are older, but fit in with the kit.  The plastic "Decemberrr" diamond is part of the kit.

These soft pink labels are part of the kit as well.  Instead of journaling on my photos (I was worried I wouldn't have enough room with the small photos), I made a little 3x8 insert to hold it.  After I saw this slanty patterned paper, I thought it would be fun to use the Waldorf labels on here and keep them at a slant as well.

 I had to add that little pop of red after all that pink.  I stitched the paper to a piece of a hambly transparency.  I think my tension is off or something.


On the back of the little insert I cut apart the museum brochure and pasted it back together. We love a good scavenger hunt. 

You can see my previous December Daily posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...